Body Positive 101
What is body positivity?
Body positivity is the concept that all bodies have equal value, no matter their size, shape or weight.
What is health at every size?
“Health At Every Size (HAES, pronounced “hays”) is an approach to well-being. It is rooted in science and evidence-based healthcare, and its tenets have been proven effective in peer-reviewed scientific journals.” Read more >
What is intuitive eating?
“In a nutshell, intuitive eating is about trusting your body’s own signals about what it wants to eat and when. It says that our bodies know best at all times, and that if we only tune in, they will be our guides.” Read more >
Body Positive Ways to See Others
- Body positive Instagram accounts
- The Body is Not An Apology
- Sweet Amaranth blog
- Sweet Amaranth Instagram
- Joy, Compassion & Your Body
- Curvy Girl Lingerie
- Comfy Fat
- The Militant Baker (Jes Baker)
Body Positive Ways to See Yourself
- 40 Kind and Positive Words for Your Body
- 5-Minute Guide to Bopo Selfies
- “The real reason men hate women taking selfies” by Jennifer Wright
- Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls* by Jes Baker
- Why and how to diversify your visual “diet”