Fall 2017 Body Positive Headshot Day
Saturday, September 2, 2017 » Renton, WA
Headshots. Almost everyone needs them, and they’re not usually much fun to get. Let’s change it with a truly positive experience. Get the photos you need for your career or business — all in a friendly, cheerful and supportive environment that welcomes your body just the way it is. All genders, orientations, ethnicities, body sizes, levels of ability/disability, and ages are welcome!
These images are great for:
- Professional business cards and networking sites like LinkedIn
- Social media profile images (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.)
Hi there! I’m Lindley, pronounced LIN-lee. I’m a professional photographer who specializes in working with people of all ethnicities and genders, not just the ones whose bodies are likely to be seen in magazines and advertisements. I help women reclaim their gorgeous, their sexy, and their confident with stunning body-positive portrait and boudoir sessions.
What You Get
Your headshot session includes:
- 20-30 minute headshot session at my beautiful private home studio in Renton, WA
- Professional hair and makeup assistance
- Your choice of up to four backdrops: white, gray, linen and/or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Complete guidance on what to wear, what to bring and what to expect
- Light professional digital retouching (learn more)
- Your choice of two high-resolution digital images from your online proof gallery (additional images are $15 each)
A professional makeup artist will be on site to help bring out your natural beauty for your photos. Hair and makeup assistance are mandatory for these sessions; the camera sees details much more finely than the human eye, and a knowledgeable hand and eye help tune your look to show best on camera. (And yes, this is a great idea for men and other folks who don’t identify as women as well!)
For headshots, the secret sauce is a look that’s both professional and true to you — an accurate depiction of what you look like. But that doesn’t have a whole lot to do with being “photogenic,” and thankfully you don’t really need to worry about it. When you hire a professional photographer to capture you, it’s their job to light you and pose you in a manner that has you look great. As such, hiring a Hair and Makeup Artist supports how you show up. It’s the job of your HMUA to enhance you for camera and support you in your appearance goals. Everyone benefits from a touch up!
What it Costs
- For your headshot session: $75 session fee ($30 deposit to reserve your session + $45 payable on arrival)
- For hair and makeup touchups with Carla Petrulli (mandatory): $40 for women, $25 for men (non-binary folks, feel free to pick the one that you think best reflects the level of styling you’d like for the photos) (payable on arrival)
Good to Know
- Turnaround time is approximately 10 business days from shoot to delivery of proof gallery, and then an additional three business days for delivery after you choose your photos.
SPECIAL REFERRAL BONUS: Get an additional FREE photo for each person you refer!
Choose an additional photo from your gallery for each person you refer!
(You may refer up to three people. Offer cannot be used to discount session fee or hair and makeup services. Your referral must list you on the pre-session survey, pay their deposit and other payments, and show up for their session. The offer closes when all spaces for this date are filled.)